Sunday, September 11, 2011

The brave & fearless

9.11 has always weighed very heavy on my heart ever since the tradegy happened. I was too young to really understand what was going on, I just knew it upset me. I remember when I came home from school, I just cried. I was in the 5th grade.

Now, I think I understand that it was a bigger picture. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that I was going to spend my life with a firefighter. I just remember always thinking about the families.

Now, when Justin goes to a call, I always deep down inside, wonder if he's ever going to come home after the call. I know it may not be like 9.11 because we're from such a small town, but even the littlest things can happen and I'd never see him again.

It's so sad and unfair that so many lost their lives on that day. It's incredibly unfair that one man plotted to take mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, and daughters away. These were people that were making an honest living. I'll just never understand.

I'm so thankful for all those that have served and for all those that went running in while everyone else was running out.

I'm proud to be an American & I'm very proud to be marrying one of the most amazing heros ever.




Another thing that has hit me very hard over this weekend is a local tradgey.
Friday night, a local family was on their way home from Beaufort. A man with his wife and 2 sons, one 2 the other about 5 or 6. His oldest son was at a sleepover (14).
The family was driving on a two lane road, when a driver hit the family head on. The driver that hit the family was apparantly driving in the family's lane coming right at them. The father tried to drive on the side of the road to get out of harm's way.
The man's wife was killed instantly as well as the 5 year old. The 2 year old was transported via helicopter, while the father suffered 2 broken legs. The 2 year old died Saturday morning.
It's completely broken my heart. The children all went to the school I graduated from and the father sold one of my good friends her first car. They were all so wonderful from what I understand and if they're anything like their father, I don't doubt it.
It just breaks my heart. I can't imagine having almost all of your family together, and then waking up the next day and it's just you and your oldest son. It's totally not fair. I know God does everything for a reason...but why? Those sweet little boys never did any harm and the driver that hit them is still living?

Lots of somber thoughts today.



On a positive note, I have 2 shoots this afternoon when I get off work...maybe that will cheer me up.


Make today wonderful and make sure you tell those that you love how much you really do love them.

3 comments:

  1. Such somber news for a somber day. That's heartbreaking to hear about the Beaufort family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so incredibly sad. I just can't stand when things like that happen, especially to wonderful people. It's like their whole world has turned completely upside down, and they have to completely re-adapt to their own lives. And I'm not sure what my font is because I didn't make my buttons...I'm about to re-make them because I just changed my profile. But I saw it on dafont.com one time...I'll look again and see if I can find it for you!
    xo,
    jessie

    http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's call "Some Weats"...at least I think that's the same one. Here's the link to download it :)

    http://www.dafont.com/some-weatz.font

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?
I love your feedback ♥