Monday, July 4, 2011

'Cause Baby You're a Firework!

"...c'mon let your colors burstttt!!!!!!"

In advanced, I'd like to tell you "you're welcome" because I know that song is probably now stuck in your head! 

And you already know what this post is about! 

Yes, fireworks


Tonight my sister and I did something very out of the ordinary for us on the 4th of July. We normally spend the afternoon cooking out and playing with sparklers...but today I had to work at Brays. While I was in the office, I got a text from Andrea. "What are you doing tonight?" Justin is working...so nothing I guess, right?! "Nothing" I replied. "Let's go watch the fireworks!" 

We never watch fireworks anywhere really. So I figured it would be fun! Little did I know, that it was a bring some food and a place to sit sort of fireworks! She packed us a great dinner and blankets! We were off! 

Have you ever heard of Parris Island? Its one of the fine places where the military goes for bootcamp. 

We had a fantastic time! I finally understand the big to-do about fireworks! 

Check it out :)


So cute. Little boy with army hat and bookbag.

Right out of my Grandpa's garden. Delish.

And right from Bi-Low lol. But still, delish! 

Left, left, left, right, left. 

Sisters!

So cute.

Red Velvet cookie, only fitting for the 4th! 

Cupcake with a cupcake! 

Sisters! again! 

Babyyyyy you're a fireeeework! ;)










And the grand finale! 

I really enjoyed playing around with different functions of my camera. It really reminded me of the fact that I do know how to use it. It was fun turning knobs and trying new things without having to really worry about the end result. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th! And that we all remember daily what it's all about. 

Xoxo! 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night! Fireworks are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fireworks! We didn't get to do any this year because everything is so dry. SAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fireworks are my fave- so glad you got to enjoy them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I miss the south on 4th of July! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?
I love your feedback ♥