Monday, March 28, 2011

Vagina Warriors

Its over. 
The Vagina Monologues are over for 2011. 


I'm not an actor, and I don't know why I was motivated to audition, but I'm so glad I did. 
It woke me to what we like to call "vaginal wonder" lol. 


I say this because I'm still in awe of the realization of how much money we raised for such a great cause ($2,900 for Hope Haven, a rape victims center & for CODA, a shelter for women and girls that have been abused). I'm still in awe of how much I grew to love my fellow Vagina Warriors. For such a diverse group of women & girls, we really bonded and we had an amazing time. 


I'm so privileged to have been a part of something so great. 


If you ever have the opportunity to do this production, I urge you to not even hesitate. 
I've been forever changed and I will never forget this experience. 


Oh and now, I've also gained a whole new confidence lol. My friend was asking me to go make a fool out of myself and play cornhole in front of a ton of people I don't know (might I add, I'm horrible at cornhole). Well, I was hesitant at first but then I decided that I was on stage in front of 500 people, talking about my lady parts...I'm sure I can play cornhole in front of strangers and not have to worry about it! 


Xoxo, 
Amy


{& I hope I don't offend you by saying the "v-word"...sorry if I do!}

3 comments:

  1. I am still in awe of you for doing this- you are amazing! So great how much you guys raised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vagina, vagina, vagina :)
    I love saying it now! I'm sooo glad I went and saw you do your thing Ms. Daring!
    It was hilarious, sad, mind opening, but all around it was GREAT!
    You little actress you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this sounds fantastic! what is it all about?? i would really love to have more information on it and hear about your experiences if you're ever interested in sharing more :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?
I love your feedback ♥